Monday 19 August 2013

Teaching - A New Class for Kerry

Today the girls taught together for the first time after the departure of the other two girls. They taught grade 1, which is Lucy's normal class, but a difference for Kerry who moved from grade 3 to grade 1.
Lucy teaching the alphabet!
Kerry reading a story...with a few of the boys catching my photo taking!
The girls split the class for the latter half to be able to offer the children more attention to work on their counting
Kerry: "I have definitely found the transition from grade 3 to grade 1 hard, but one that I have thoroughly welcomed. I found that with teaching a higher grade, I expect things like writing numbers to be easy for the children, as it is in grade 3. I am sure I will adapt quickly and take on this challenge head on!"
Lucy: "Today me and Kerry taught our first grade one lesson together. It was a relief for me as the class was a lot smaller than usual. They especially enjoyed drawing animals and running around impersonating tigers! Although the children can be naughty sometimes, their excitement and eagerness to please put me in a great mood!"
Lucy using jenga blocks for counting. 
Tomorrow the girls have more teaching to do, in addition celebrating Rakshabandhan Festival










No comments:

Post a Comment